I made a quickie kilt for a friend's BJD - a good way to finish the Christmas break... with something productive.
I did a quick drape and cut with some stretch cotton, and then used that to create a pattern for the final version, which is in a fine pleated cotton.
I decided to cut the two halves on the bias, and join the two with a seam at the back. This allows for a good snug fit around the hips. It's done in a double layer and finished with a zigzag seam.
It may be time to buy an overlocker (serger).... this would sure make it easier to give thin fabrics a nice finish.
Not bad for a day's work!
Based in New Zealand, I've been a collector of ball-jointed dolls since 2011.