This is what the trial jacket looks like now - with the front constructed properly.
Now I need to create convincing-looking pockets. My tailoring skills are not up to creating real pockets. And I need to consider how best to add lining and put on the collar.
What I really meant to be doing was creating a "Prince Charlie" jacket for Griffin, to create a formal "Scottish" look.
Along the way I tried up-scaling Oriole Adam-Harris' "Brummel" pattern for old Iplehouse YID boy to SID men's size, but I didn't do a good job of it; so I decided to try first to downscale a lekala modern men's jacket pattern.
As usually happens, I got so engrossed in this project, that now I'm going to create a nice suit for Claude/Vincent before getting back to the Prince Charlie jacket...
Oh yes, meet Claude...
Actually he's just a head... I bought him from Bren, and he's going to be sharing Vincent's body.
It certainly saves on closet storage space!
I tried touching up the Iplehouse Addiction human Claude face-up a bit - basically just adding a bit of cheek blush and lip colour, but I was far too timid. It doesn't really add much.
However, hopefully I will get a commission slot and be able to send him off soon to become a sun-kissed surfer dude. With a slick side. One that wears a suit.
This is lekala pattern #6017. I corrected the construction of the front so that it now naturally falls open as a tailored men's jacket should. This is just a "muslin" or trial garment anyway.
A tailor, I am not, most definitely. But I hope I can get this jacket looking nice enough to actually photograph eventually.
And then I can return to the Prince Charlie jacket...
Based in New Zealand, I've been a collector of ball-jointed dolls since 2011.